Box Office collection 2020 plays a key role in the success of every Bollywood film. No matter how many people like the film, at last, it all depends on the Box office. Thus, there’s nothing more powerful than the response films get through this source.
Every year Box Office issues a list featuring the total cost earned by each movie. Also, which film’s tickets were sold the most across the entire Nation.
This year many film releases got postponed due to the Pandemic. However, luckily some had hit the theaters before the Lockdown. So, let’s check out the Bollywood Box Office Collection 2020 of the movies that have been out.
Box Office Collection 2020: Different Parameters that Determine the Success and Failure of a Film:
You might have heard people giving movies tags like the hit, super hit, and flop. But do you know on what basis these judgments are given? So, it is divided into four categories and all of them vary by the total cost a film earns.
- Super Hit: Super Hit films are the one that earns double than the production and P&A (Publicity & Advertising) cost. Besides this, they also get 50% extra.
- Hit: Hit is the ones that earn double than the Production and P&A cost.
- Flop: Unfortunately movies that fail to recover any amount invested are said to be a flop.
- Average: Movies that to recover the Production and P&A cost lies in the category of Average.
Check out the list of Bollywood Box Office Collection 2020:
|Movie Name||Worldwide Collection||Verdict|
|Angrezi Medium||13.50 cr||Flop|
|Baaghi 3||137 cr||Hit|
|Bhoot: Part One||40.94 cr||Flop|
|Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan||86.39 cr||Hit|
|Love Aaj Kal 2||52.60 cr||Flop|
|Jawaani Jaaneman||43.83 cr||Flop|
|Street Dancer 3D||95.70 cr||Flop|
|Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior||341 cr||Blockbuster|
|Sab Kushal Mangal||1.4cr||None|
List of Bollywood Box Office Collection 2019:
- Mardaani 2 44 cr Hit
- Pati Patni Aur Woh 76.75 cr Hit
- Panipat 32.15 cr Disaster
- Commando 3 30 cr Average
- Pagalpanti 32.75 cr Disaster
- Bala 111.8 cr Super Hit
- Marjavaan 44.45 cr Flop
- Motichoor Chaknachoor 2 cr Flop
- Housefull 4 204 cr Super Hit
- Good Newz 316 cr Blockbuster
- Dabangg 3 218 cr Plus
- Ujda Chaman 16.7 cr Flop
- Made in China 16.2 cr Flop
- Saand Ki Aankh 31 cr Plus
- Laal Kaptaan 4.5 cr Disaster
- The Sky is Pink 28.5 cr Flop
- War 471 cr Blockbuster
- The Zoya Factor 8.3 cr Disaster
- Dream Girl 195 cr Super Hit
- Pailwaan 52.45 cr Disaster
- Chhichhore 211 cr Blockbuster
- Saaho 439 cr Hit
- Batla House 127 cr Hit
2019 verdict of films by Box Office:
- Mission Mangal 290 cr Blockbuster
- Jabariya Jodi 25.24 cr Flop
- Arjun Patiala 12.3 cr Flop
- Judgemantall Hai Kya 49.5 cr Average
- Super 30 210 cr Super Hit
- Malaal 3.3 cr Disaster
- Article 15 94 cr Super Hit
- Kabir Singh 377 cr All time Blockbuster
- Bharat 321 cr Hit
- De De Pyaar De 139 cr Hit
- Student of the Year 2 95.5 cr Losing
- Kalank 146.8 cr Flop
- The Tashkent Files 20 cr Super Hit
- Kesari 208.8 Hit
- Badla 140.47 cr Super Hit
- Sonchiriya 8.5 cr Disaster
- Luka Chuppi 128 cr Super Hit
- Total Dhamaal 232.18 cr Super Hit
- Gully Boy 235.7 cr Super Hit
- Thackeray 50.3 cr Plus
- Manikarnika 142 cr Average
- URI: The Surgical Strike 341.75 cr All Time Blockbuster
Conclusion: Ajay Devgn’s Tanhaji Bollywood Box Office is the highest-grossing film until now in 2020. Let’s see further if any other movie will replace Tanhaji.
There are also many other films in the pipeline to release in 2020. We never know which among them will make it big on the Box Office collection 2020. Therefore, the least we can do is wait for them to release because anything can happen as the theaters are still closed. So, it depends on the makers whether they want to go for an OTT release or wait for the cinema halls to open. Some movies have already been postponed for 2021 as their shooting is still left.