The American Pie is known to be a fruit-filled pie and is consumed heavily in winter and autumn evenings. The recipe of the pie is simple (Apple Pie Recipe) and dependent on a series of physical and chemical processes that is quite easy to surprise your guests with the serenity on special occasions.
Please note the Ingredients required for Pastry Crust:
- Pinch of salt
- Granulated Sugar ( two teaspoon )
- Three and a half cup of all-purpose flour
- One cup and four teaspoon of unsalted butter
- Two-thirds cup of water
- Five to Six big apples sliced and peeled aprox 1.4 kg
- Lemon zest
- Two Tablespoon of lemon juice
- Three-Fourth cup of Sugar approx 150gm
- Two Tablespoon of All-purpose flour
- Two Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- On-fourth teaspoon of salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of spices
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One-fourth teaspoon of nutmeg
- One-fourth cup of apple juice or boiled cider
- Two Tablespoon of butter and diced into small pieces
- One Tablespoon of water
- One beaten egg
For Crust making:
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix salt and flour together. Now dice butter pieces and try crumbling them with the flour. Use your hands for the same until the mixture becomes the size of peas.
- Now add sugar and start stirring. Pour ice cold water, in intervals and mix with the help of the fork. Give the finishing with the help of your hand (apple pie recipe) and shape the dough like a ball. Now flatten it a bit and wrap it into a film and put inside refrigerator for thirty minutes.
For the Filling:
- Combine the apple slices with the lemon zest and juice in a big mixing bowl.
- Take another small bowl and combine flour, salt, sugar, spices and cornstarch together. Now sprinkle this mixture of apple slices and stir well to coat them evenly. Add apple juice or boiled cider.
- Now once the dough is chilled look for dividing it into two pieces. Remember one piece should be twice as large as the other one. The larger one will form the bottom crust and the smaller one can be used as the top crust.
- Now try patting the dough and making it into a disk for about three-fourths inches of thickness.
- You can preheat your oven to 190°C or 375°F and lightly grease a pie pan of nine inches wide and at least two inches deep.
- Now start rolling the big piece of dough into the thirteen inches circle and try transferring the same into prepared pan. The edges of the dough should be trimmed so that they can overlap the pan’s rim. Take a tablespoon of apple filling and spread into the pan and top up with the butter.
- Now roll out the remaining dough into an eleven inches circle and crimp and slice it into layers. Try weaving a lattice crust and whisk one egg with one tablespoon of water around the edges and top of the pie.
- Sprinkle sugar to add shimmering effect and for adding a sweet crunch to the apple slices.
- Bake it for about fifty minutes. And you can see the filling bubbling inside and keep on checking the pie in every 20 minutes and to prevent from burning try to cover the edges of the pie with the foil.
- Once the pie is ready, take it out and allow it to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.