Before you proceed further first you should know what is Hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine is sold under the brand name Plaquenil, which is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria. Hydroxychloroquine and its sister drug Chloroquine (Aralen) are under investigation for the treatment of the COVID-19 Coronavirus disease. Korean doctors used these anti-malaria drugs to treat COVID-19 with some success, according to a paper filed with Elsevier in March 2020.
It is useful in treating several forms of malaria as well as lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. It is said that Hydroxychloroquine prevents malarial parasites from breaking down to haemoglobin in human red blood cells.
Now the question arises why Trump is asking for Hydroxychloroquine?
As Hydroxychloroquine is in the list of active pharmaceutical ingredients that cannot be exported, India lifted the ban after Trump said his country could “retaliate” if it did not release stocks of the drug.
Everything works on give and take and now as Modi has allowed the exportation of Hydroxychloroquine he should ask 10 things in return that are:-
- The USA has an adequate number of testing kits so in return India can immediately ask them to send testing equipment as we have 13,000 tests per day in a country with a 133 crore population.
- India is a weapon in the pharmacy sector. So, India can ask for getting access to the S market for Indian pharma companies.
- After COVID-19 case we got to know the USA has many anti-biotic manufacturing industries in China which India can ask the USA to shift some of them to our country which will help to grow our economy.
- India can ask the USA for oil waiver for oil import from Iran.
- For producing any medicine we need “Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient”. And As we know most of the API technology is with China. So, India can ask the USA to help us in setting up an API manufacturing in India through advanced technology.
- Now coming to defense, the USA gave terrorist tags to the Baloch liberation which is fighting against the Pakistan government for freedom. India is indirectly supporting the Baloch liberation. So, India can ask for lifting the terrorist tag on them and can put pressure on the Pakistani Government which always targets the Indian government policies.
- India can ask for the cooperation of NASA-ISROin space-related missions.
- India can ask for H-1B visas for employment.
- India can ask for climate change initiatives using the USA advanced techniques.
- Can ask for an agreement for long-time policy-related relationships so that our relationship stays strong with the USA even if the President changes.