Who is Humayun?
He is the second Mughal Emperor who ruled in the reign today known as Afghanistan, Pakistan and northern parts of India from the time period of 1531-1540 , then he again came into power in 1555-1556.
So below are quite interesting facts related to Humayun that can actually amaze you:-
- He has actually started the trend of leather coins in India
- His death cause was falling from the stair of library shemandal
- Humayun had been given the title of “ Insan-e- kamil( perfect man) in the sphere of Mughals
- Not many knew but it is still rumored that body of emperor Humayun had been buried in two different locations before being transported to the final burial place
- Humayun’s tomb actually served as a basis for the model for Taj Mahal
- Humayun tomb is a burial place of more than 150 graves
- Humayun’s Tomb had a fine square tomb in the southeast direction which is known as Barbur’s tomb.
- His sister had written his biography named “ Humayun-Nama”.
- Humayun led the foundation of a new city in Delhi known as “ Din-panah” ( Asylum of faith). The remains of the city can still seen specifically the high citadel walls popularly known as “purana qila”.
- Humayun tomb’s estimated cost is around 1.5 million and it took 7 years for completion
- It has been declared as a UNESCO world Heritage site (Who is Humayun) in year 1993.
- The famous emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar did take refuge in the tomb with his three princes to hide from his rivals during the rebellion period of 1857.